Our Preschool Program
The Little Red Playhouse, managed by the Foundation, aims to provide a secure and nurturing environment where children can reach their full potential. Among many other skills, we thrive to teach cooperation, self-respect, respect of others, receptive and expressive language, problem solving, autonomy and independence. The approach of the preschool offers much needed 1:1 or 1:2 individualized programs for our learners to further promote skills that children need, for example; communication, life skill development, and social appropriateness through peer activities and daily interaction.
Our small child/educator ratio enables us to cater each child's individual needs within a group setting. Our goal is to integrate all our learners into The Little Red Playhouse's morning program. Our gradual integration method provides a wonderful learning experience for both our neuro-typical and our ASD students. We believe that children truly do learn from each other!
Our program includes:
- Physical education sessions at adjacent school gymnasium
- Music sessions with a music specialist
- Arts and crafts
- Kindergarten preparation groups
- Independent play, both indoor and outdoor
- Handwriting without Tears, a unique school readiness program focusing on language proficiency, colour and shape awareness, fine and gross motor control, letter and number recognition, counting abilities and social skills
- Introduction to French
- Outings to the local children's library
- Skating lessons at local arena
- Weekly and monthly themes
- Core program from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm daily
- Optional lunch program and afternoon Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) based Individual Programs based on your child's skills and requirements